Monday, March 13, 2006

For Sale

This week there is a SALE.

And the item that is for sale is.... ME!

I have to write a sales pitch of max. 90 words for the Film & TV department, due tomorrow. After previous attempts I have come up with the following:


"I organize my life by completing my tasks before time becomes a constraint. To prioritize between my obligations towards work and social activities, I make sure that the expectations of my employers and friends are met.
To manage change effectively, I challenge myself through education and practice. The fruits of my self-improvement have been transferable knowledge and being able to support people in need. My goal is to broaden our imagination to strengthen the wellbeing of my community and find opportunities for it to survive.
"

85 words


Although everything is true and it is a healthy way of living my live, something is missing.... This statement is very me-oriented, passive almost.

It needs to be re-written to put forward why someone else (possibly in the Film industry) would like to know and work with me.

Activating the statement (order has changed too):

NOTE: Mind you, Daniel Cini has helped me to formulate my sentences in 'game/film/storytelling' wording. Thanks!


Passive: "To manage change effectively, I challenge myself through education and practice."
Active: "I see my life as a series of challenging missions with ever-increasing levels of difficulty. "


Passive: "The fruits of my self-improvement have been transferable knowledge and being able to support people in need."
Active: "Making it to the next level is what I am good at, since I can imagine and validate different solutions."


Passive: "I organize my life by completing my tasks before time becomes a constraint."
Active: "From an early age on I have profitably worked for customers with a low budget. Although I am self-reliant, I enjoy overcoming a challenge as a group."


Passive: "My goal is to broaden our imagination to strengthen the wellbeing of my community and find opportunities for it to survive."
Active: "My critical and analytical skills are continuously improved through work experience and course assignments."


Passive: "To prioritize between my obligations towards work and social activities, I make sure that the expectations of my employers and friends are met."
Active: "I believe that a better understanding of people will make us reach the unimaginable."

90 words

Great !

1 comment:

The Humanity Critic said...

good luck with the sales pitch...