Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Artificial Intelligence Markup Language

Artificial Intelligence Markup Language (AIML) is for textual-responses with a 'robot', where Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML) are text and images for a web page.

Since HTML is most familiar to you, as you look at web pages everytime you read my weblog, I will show what AIML is next.

As a good example of the use of AIML, look at the example below, and try and type some questions in the little SAY textbox at the bottom followed by the <ENTER> key on your keyboard.


For example, type: What is your name?

Courtesy Yuichan at http://www.travisjmorgan.com/bot/zen.html

The code underneath this 'intelligent' dialogue is what is called AIML and looks like:
<category>
<pattern>What is your name</pattern>
<template>
<think><set name="topic">Me</set></think>
I name is Yuichan, but you can call me Yui.
</template>
</category>

See the enormous source of information about AIML and its use for the Artificial Intelligent ALICE at http://www.alicebot.org








Combine with a human-looking image this could well be our future helpdesk assistant.

One day I hope to answer your questions on my blog with the use of AIML... if I am able to give intelligent answers ;o)

No comments: